Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Potato and Sausage Chowder

Potato and Sausage Chowder



Breakfast time! Hungry me. I was feeling something comforting and it has been a while since I made a chowder. So I made my second favorite chowder. "Insert Meat Choice Here" and Potato! Yep.

Ingredients
-Sausage
-Potato
-Mirepoix
-Milk
-Flour
-Garlic
-Corn Oil

Creation
This one is done with a more french style of cooking. Starting with a mirepoix and making the actual chowder out of a Bechamel. Ooooo.. fancy. This also makes it a little more rustic.

So begin by sauteing the mirepoix in some oil and then toss in the flour. Cook out the 'flour' taste and then add the milk to make a light Bechamel.

Now its best to precook the potatoes if they aren't diced very small, otherwise you'll be simmering for a while. Which can build flavor though.

Now its time to savor..

No comments:

Post a Comment