Monday, April 16, 2012

Orange Pork

Orange Pork



So a little while ago I made some Orange Chicken... my way. Chinese Orange Chicken is made spicy and just cooked with orange peel and dried peppers. I decided (because I have an inner calling for sweet food) to reduce orange juice then make a simple syrup out of that. Then glaze the chicken... and the results were wonderful, just needed more glaze. Then I had chicken 3 times after that. So for the blog I do Orange Pork

Ingredients
-Boneless Pork (Diced)
-Orange Juice
-Onions
-Serrano Peppers
-Teriyaki Sauce
-Oil for frying
-Sugar

Creation
So first of all the pork must be marinated. The chicken I used Soy Sauce. So time to try something a little sweeter. So Teriyaki Sauce, Oil, and Salt. Get that going cause the thing that is going to take the longest is actually the orange juice reduction and in the reduction finely dice a small onion and julienne a couple Serrano peppers. Yeah they're spicy but after being in the reduction for such a long time tones them down.

The foam can be either skimmed or wisked

That's right I spent the most time on the reduction. Making sure it doesn't get to reduced. Burning orange juice is terrible. I've done it on multiple occasions. Matter of fact I've burnt many of things... like a chocolate chip cookie dough omelet. WORST COOKING DECISION EVER.

Reduced and infused with peppers

Add some sugar and it becomes a syrup. So yeah. While that is getting done lightly flour the pork and get it fried. Any way want. I deep fried. Pan-frying is also an option. Aim for a little less than just under-done cause they will be cooked slightly more in the glaze.

Now if you don't mix it up people will be unhappy...

Toss in the glaze but I like to let them set for a little bit, because the flour will soften a bit and thicken the glaze even more.

Looks a little dark? All depends on how you fry it.

Yeah serve...

No comments:

Post a Comment