Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lemon Custard Pie

Lemon Custard Pie



Yes I love custard pie and now I'm making variations on it.. what!? Funny thing is I found a recipe for Apple Pie but still went back to the custard. Just cause it is just awesome. This one I just made on a whim. No measurements again so I shall do my best to step through this one.

Ingredients
-4 Eggs
-2 Lemons
-3/4 Cup of Sugar
~2 Cups of Milk
-Unbaked Pie Crust

Creation
Now to remember this. I think I got all the measurements right. First of all take on egg and separate it. The whites are used to 'grease' the pie shell. The yolk just gets thrown with the other eggs. So in a bowl we have 3.5 eggs.

It will be strained... stupid eggs

Add the milk, juice of the lemons and sugar and whisk. This will be strained because there always seems to be something that wont dissolve all the way.

Oooo.. shiny

The pie shell is brushed with the egg whites to keep it dry and then the strained mixture is poured in. 400 degrees for about 30min. Check when needed. You should know the drill.. stab your pie with a knife. Or since this is pie will poof could just wait till the middle poofs... but its not a clear cut as stabbing it.

Cooked tastyness

Oh the first slice of pie. Who really gives away the first slice... really?..

Half this pie was stolen the next day... seriously

Its just so hard to give away the first slice of...

No comments:

Post a Comment