Friday, May 4, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies

Various Cake Mix Cookies

Cake mix cookies! Now I'm not a baker, as you can probably tell, haven't even used an oven yet. However, these I love to make cause they are so simple, yet so sweet, and delicious. Plus, they can be varied so much!

Ingredients
-Package Dry Cake mix
-2 large eggs
-1/3 - 1/2 cup of oil

Creation
Making these is also very easy. "But there are so few ingredients how could it not be?" Well not everything is that easy... Cantonese Noodles comes to mind.. they are just flour and water. I know right? So yes it is easy. One bowl... or two in my case.

Eggs and too much oil... 

Just crack some eggs and miss with the oil. Its best to mix these before adding the dry. I mean you can... if your just awesome like that.

Batches are your friend.

Yeah batches. I usually do two or three. It begins to get tough at the end. Time to work with the hands!

This is about when I'm eating the dough. 

Yes I always eat the dough, lick the spoon, taste the batter. I am a horrible person to have in the kitchen with you... (I get kicked out a lot)

A little more loose than I expected...

It was about this time I checked the package size. I'm used to the 18 ans 3/4 oz box... apparently this was a 16 oz. So instead of rolling these into balls they have become drop cookies.

Sigh....

I didn't take anymore pictures of this batch, but they were good and they didn't run. So after re-cooperating by eating all those cookies I made a second batch using Yellow Cake Mix and slightly less than 1/3 cup of oil this makes the dough dry.

Looks very dry right?

Yeah I prefer to roll them out by hand I need nice looking uniform cookies!

Crinkly and chewy. Just like I wanted.

And I made one more batch using red velvet. Different flavor give different consistencies.

Looks less dry than the last batch.

Oh and I don't use all the cake mix. No need to force it all in there and make it way to dry.

Mmmm.. apparently these are better than the last..

And that is how I learned to bake really... making these all the time... gotta start from somewhere with...

No comments:

Post a Comment