Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Pollock Dish

Pollock over Rice



Experimenting with Pollock. Its a firm whitefish and I vaguely remember a shark recipe (which I'm vigorously still searching for) that steamed shark over vegetables. So this is my vague version of it.. plus rice.

Ingredients
-Pollock Filet
-Green Pepper Roasted
-Serrano Pepper Roasted
-Onion
-Rice

Creation
This is probably the best type of cooking. Just going with what you have and an idea.

This is what I have... plus some tomatoes

So lets get cookin'. Fish was marinated in essentially a lemon vinaigrette, oil and lemon juice. The green peppers were roasted and... 

everything else in the pan. 

Then add the canned tomatoes. At this point get the fish in the oven. I know right? No saute... can't do everything in a pan.

Reducing the tomato juice.

 Oh yeah, the rice. Make some. Or have some ready. My timing is excellent I know. I believe that is it. Rice, Tomatoes, Pollock, and Peppers.

 Mmmmm

The rice was well.. rice. The tomatoes were spicy, the fish was acidic, and the roasted peppers sweet. Balance in...

No comments:

Post a Comment