Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Egg Custard Pie

Egg Custard Pie



Currently my favorite pie. (Until a find a killer apple pie recipe). Simple.. I say that a lot... creamy.. eggy. And I don't use milk. Normal custard is eggs and milk. So lets do this. 

Ingredients
-3 Eggs
-2 Cups Heavy Cream
-3/4 Cup of sugar
-Vanilla
-Frozen Pie crust

Creation
So yeah, why no milk? Its richer and creamier.... and I didn't have milk on hand. I'm a resourceful chef. "How do you not have milk but have cream?" Because the sky blue.. now back to cooking.. err baking... errrr mixing.

3 Eggs!

So to these eggs add the sugar milk and some vanilla extract and get to mixing!

Its about this time I realized the bowl was to small....

Mix Mix Mix. I don't know if this can be over mixed. Should figure that out. But yeah pour as much as you can in a 9inch pie shell and then pop in the oven. 

After 30min at 400.

Some may have problems with a soggy crust. To fix this take some egg whites and rub down the crust before adding the custard.

Not sure about the holes....

Yeah those were there last time I may this. Didn't detract from the taste cause it is my favorite pie.. for now... and...

No comments:

Post a Comment