Saturday, March 3, 2012

An Asian Dish

Some Sort of Asian Dish


Some sort of Asian dish? What's going on here? Well I have no idea what to call this. I just found cellophane noodles at the Hungry Store and was like.... FINALLY. And they were cheap. Cheap ingredients begets cheap products right? No not exactly, but today yes. So I just had to whip something up and this is what came out of the kitchen...

Ingredients
-Cellophane Noodles
-Shredded Pork
-Bell Pepper
-Carrot
-Anaheim Peppers
-Mushrooms
-Soy sauce
-Teriyaki sauce

Creation
Alright this is what I had on hand.

Yeah. I'm gonna force myself to like mushrooms..

Now to begin the chopfest and yes that is the leftover shredded pork from Mini Egg Rolls

And all chopped up now.

First I got a pan hot and threw in the onions and carrot cause they always go first... Onions I hoped to make fall apart and carrots actually do take the longest.

Colorful.

Let that go a little bit and then add everything else... 

Vewwy Colorful.

Then I added soy sauce, teryaki sauce, stuff I'm probably forgetting.. like ginger. Somehow I managed to forget the ginger. I dunno... I was a little to happy to be having glass noodles... which I also didn't even take a picture of.... 

And that is that. (Notice the mess... food be flying!)

Toss that with some glass noodles and done. Definitely felt like an Asian dish type-deal. 
 
Mmmm.. still have a little color.

Now the leftovers are even better cause the juices and sauce get absorbed and everything intensifies. Definitely the best leftover I have had from something I made... though I usually don't have leftover from...

2 comments: