Monday, December 5, 2011

Country-Style Pork

Sauteed Pork with an Apple Gastrique over Potatoes



Haven't cooked these in a while and I always do it the same way. Yeah. Then the potatoes had a little mishap, of which I am blaming the non-stick pan. Yep. I sure am.

Ingredients
-Pork
-Potatoes
-Apples
-Celery
-Ginger
-Onions

Creation
So, saute pork on all sides. Done. Then came the time to make a gastrique. Which apparently I have been almost doing this whole time is I just switch the order of ingredients. Caramelize sugar before deglazing and boom gastrique.

Now the potatoes... sigh. They were supposed to be yellow, but when it came to finish them with a dash of cream the excess oil (Nonstick pan) mixed with the cream and turned it brown.

However, the taste was on point and that is what matters. Especially since it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment