Monday, September 12, 2011

Pork Tikka Masala

Pork Tikka Masala with Jasmine Rice



I'll be the first to say this is a horrible picture (Took it with my phone). I know right?! Still looks pretty decent.  I saw some nice looking curry one day and decided to make some real Indian food. As you should know 'curry' is a word invented by the British after sampling and trying to recreate Indian cuisine. 

Ingredients
-Pork
-Jasmine Rice
-Tomato Sauce
-Onion
-Garlic
-Heavy Cream
-Masala
-Corn Oil

Creation
No yogurt? I know. Another reason to revisit this later. So to start this dice the pork, marinade in your masala and a little oil. Then toss that in a screaming hot pan. Get a nice sear on 'dem tikka. Don't cook all the way though, and set aside. Begin cooking rice.

Now take that pan and add some more masala straight to the pan to bring out the full flavor. Add the onions and garlic. Wait a minute. Add the tomato sauce. Simmer....

Now re-add the pork to the pan. Simmer for a little bit and then add the cream. Fun stuff. I love heavy cream.

And there you have it. But wait, I didn't tell the spices in the masala or how to cook the rice. Well a masala (mixture of spices) is what you want it to be. There is definitely paprika and cumin. At this point I don't think it is necessary to tell you how to cook a common side dish to make..

No comments:

Post a Comment