Sunday, September 18, 2011

Egg Custard Pie

Egg Custard Pie



I baked! I know right. Not Uncle Brisket... but yet I did and I have before. I actually have a few custards in my head that I want to make, but why not try something new. So a basic custard! 

Ingredients
-Eggs
-Heavy Cream
-Sugar
-Vanilla Extract
-Nutmeg
-Egg whites
-9-inch unbaked Pie Crust

Creation
Some of you keen bakers and pastry chefs notice the use of heavy cream instead of milk. Well it is what I had on hand that wasn't spoiled (An on going trend in this kitchen). Plus I prefer the use heavy cream. Cause it is so awesome.

So, its a custard pie, not just a custard. So its pretty simple. Take a whisk and get those eggs as smooth as possible. Then add the sugar and then the heavy cream. How much. I have no idea actually. I didn't follow a recipe.

So, before pouring it in the pie shell. Brush egg whites on the pie shell. It prevents a soggy crust. Yep. Pour in the custard and bake around 400 or so.

So how long was it in the oven? Don't know. I didn't even check the time I put it in. Shocker, but how else am I gonna make another...

No comments:

Post a Comment