Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pan-Seared Tuna

Pan-Seared Sashimi Tuna with Balsamic Dipping Sauce



A while back I tried this with regular frozen tuna steaks... needless to say... that was the second worse decision I have made in the kitchen (The first was a certain omelette). So I get some Sashimi grade tuna and redemption! And must I say... I understand now.

Ingredients
-Sashimi or Sushi grade Tuna
-Balsamic vinegar
-Brown Sugar
-Olive Oil

Creation
First of all, what does Sashimi grade even mean? Well it basically means that it can be eaten raw. Here in the US there isn't an official regulation for it. Go figure...

So screaming hot pan, salt and pepper fish, sear on each side for about one min. Slice. That is about it. Really. It is actually quite easy for something that can kill you... nah I'm kidding. You won't die. Otherwise Japan wouldn't be very crowded because of...

No comments:

Post a Comment