Thursday, September 15, 2011

Calamari Risotto

Calamari Risotto



So a little bit more complicated? Yeah. Just a tad. Actually more tedious than anything, but this is what happens when you find the correct rice and some calamari at the Hungry Store. A delicious and nice looking plate. Being Italian food is what got me started in cooking. I should know how to do this. Maybe.

Ingredients
-Arborio Rice
-Calamari
-White Wine
-Vegetable Stock
-Butter
-Garlic
-Parsley

Creation
So first of all. Only reason for vegetable stock instead of fish stock is because the Hungry Store didn't have whole fish. :-( Oh well. With keeping the tradition of keeping everything possible homemade. I made my own vegetable stock and boy did it smell good.

Mmmmm... lovely just lovely.

I actually wished I trimmed the vegetables before putting them cause in the end I really wanted to make vegetable soup afterwards.

Risotto was made the tedious standard way. Toasting the rice. Adding the wine. Then ladles of vegetable stock over and over and over again. Constantly stirring.

Calamari, the very last thing to cook since it takes maybe two min or else it becomes rubber and that just ain't cool. They were sauteed with garlic and parsley, which makes this...

No comments:

Post a Comment