Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lemon-Lime Pie

Lemon-Lie Pie



So this began as a lemon meringue... until I realized I didn't have enough lemon juice, but I found some lime juice. So yeah, being the resourceful one I rebounded. Then, it turns out meringue and I don't mix... so. This is what I was able to bring forth. Obviously this will be revisited very soon.


(Note: After it was done. Half the pit was gone... ridic.)

Ingredients
-Lemon
-Lime
-Eggs
-Sugar
-Other stuff.. like pie shells... figured this was self explanatory.

Creation
So first time making this thing. It starts off with a simple syrup that is then thickened with cornstarch. The juice of the lemons/limes is mixed with egg yolks and then added.

Attempt to make meringues. I got nothing here. Nope. I can make frothy egg whites though. Fold some of it into the filling and pour the filling into the pie crust.

Oh yeah. Pre-bake that.

Top with the remaining... white stuff. Put in oven for till browned. Apparently this yummy pie was...

No comments:

Post a Comment