Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tomato-Pepper Sauce

Chunky Tomato Pepper Sauce over Bowties



Always doing variations of the tomato sauce and this chunky.. like every other one before it. I know.. I know.. throw away recipes..

Ingredients
-Can of tomatoes diced
-One green pepper
-Half an onion
-Parsley

Creation
Yeah this is one of those I have tomatoes how can I put it over pasta... time to check the pantry. Which was rather scarce. Makes me sad... and this is what I came up with.

Lots o' ingreds

That's a skinless sausage, one bell pepper, half and onion and a bunch of dying parsley. All chopped. There is also a can of diced tomatoes and that is it. Not a lot here.

Meat and onions.

Gets the meat in first... render some fat then add the onions. Then the peppers. Parsley and don't forget the tomatoes. Then just let it go while the pasta is cooked.

Much more colorful in person.

Yeah that is pretty much it. Salt and pepper to taste and don't over cook that pasta. Haven't made fresh pasta in a while.. also I know how to make a "bowtie" ish... but that comes later. Maybe I'll do another fresh pasta entry with pasta shapes...

Served over bowties.

And to be clear a throw recipe is something that is just made from whatever you have on hand and thus you don't need a recipes.. thus you can throw it away... not that it is crap food cause it is still...

No comments:

Post a Comment