Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beef Cream Sauce

Beef Cream Sauce... or Gravy?



Now this brings me back to the college days. This was something that my roommates all came in smelling something good but then they are like "what is that?" Well this is it...

Ingredients
-Ground Beef
-Cream
-Milk
-Onions

Creation
So yeah starts off like most of my dishes. Onions in oil. Yep. Looking mighty normal right now.

Amateur stuff

Time to add the beef and cook that down. Render the fat cause that will be needed with a roux coming up.Add some flour and then some milk. Not a whole lot. Really just enough to get the flour dissolved and thickening.

Still looking good.

 Add some flour and then some milk. Not a whole lot. Really just enough to get the flour dissolved and thickening.

Looks like porridge.

This is the time people usually walk in. Smells great... looks... lacking.. remedy?

Cream.

Adding cream later to loosen it will also lighten it. Also why I'm not sure what this is. I used the drippings from the beef which makes it a gravy... but then added cream.. cause it needed it.... so yeah.I would consider it a throw away. Its no sawmill gravy.

Now when its plated like this...

Doesn't look so good. Just an example of how plating affects the end result. Yes this goes well with pasta. Its beef and cream...

But like this...

Looks pretty tasty... and it was. Ate it so fast I was unable to share it.. terrible I know... but it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment