Saturday, April 21, 2012

Red Lasagna

Lasagna made with Red Sauce




This is my first ever lasagna. I know right? It is about time and let me tell you.. definitely getting thrown in rotation. Red Sauce goes so well with it... I mean what doesn't it go with? (Chocochip Cookie Dough Omelet) and it has a few ingredients. But it is a bit time consuming...

Ingredients
-Basic Red Sauce
-Fresh Pasta
-Ricotta Cheese
-Parmesan

Creation
Only four ingredients? Well the Basic red Sauce was made with a bunch... Diced Tomatoes, Pork Sausage, Parsley, Onion, Garlic, Wine, Sugar, Vinegar. I think that it. Pretty much Red Sauce with the only veges being green and sweet onions. Pasta was just egg and flour. No oil this time. sadly I didn't take any pictures until after it was done.

Didn't know golden brown edges also referred to lasagna

However I make a two layer lasagna. Two layers of pasta that is. Take the casserole dish and a thin layer of the sauce goes down. Then a layer of fresh uncooked pasta. Just roll it and lay it. Next the sauce again topped with a bunch of ricotta cheese and Parmesan. Another layer of pasta topped with the remaining sauce and then Parm. 375 for like an hr or less.

I don't need those unnecessary layers here.

Now I heard lasagna always taste better the next day, but I just made this. So tasting will be done... and now my mouth is burnt. Note to readers: Do not take a lasagna that has been in the oven for an hr at 375, cut a slice and eat. Regret will be had.

Its all about the Ricotta cheese

The next day. The flavors melded a little more and the lasagna can hold its form better... but man was this...

1 comment: