Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chicken Tortellini

Chicken Spinach Tortellini


So in the never-ending quest to learn how to make pasta properly (my pasta is consistently too wet) there comes a time to learn more shapes than ribbon and ravioli (two ribbons) So my first time making tortellini from scratch. Went smoother than expected....

Ingredients
-Fresh Pasta
-
Creation
So first the filling. I shredded chicken with spinach and wine. Made way to much... as usual.

Too much tasty.

Now its time for the pasta. Same as for making ravioli. Needs to be rolled out thinner than usual. Not sure if I got it thin enough.. however the process to for making then is amatuerly photographed as follows.

Step 1. Fill.

Step 2. Fold.

Step 3. Pinch

Step 4. Pinch again

Step 5. Admire

Now its time to make a sauce. Since my chicken was purposely made a little briney, I made the sauce with a tiny bit of chicken , cream and mozzarella.

Very creamy... couldn't be cause of the cream...

And that is that boil, toss... cook through... and serve. Now in hindsight using the filling as the sauce base will make the dish one-dimensional so next time I have a plan. 


Also don't forget if you make too much, either on purpose or accidentally, just freeze it. Fresh pasta stores well in freezer for a couple weeks... that way you can pop it out and make...


1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is Anthea Vander of A Mini Nigella Lawson, and I'm sad to tell you that I'm closing that particular blog down (Oh the horror).
    I would like to tell you that my new blog Petite Dynamite is up and running, and I would love for you to take a look!

    Here is the link: http://iampetitedynamite.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!
    Anthea

    ReplyDelete