Friday, February 3, 2012

Brisket's Red Sauce

Brisket's Red Sauce





If you haven't figured it out by now I like thick robust sauces. That are usually a mix of sweet and savory. Not to mention they are quite versatile and can be tailored to dishes... gotta love that.

Ingredients
-Pork
-Sauvignon Blanc
-Crushed Tomatoes
-Vinegar
-Brown Sugar
-Onion
-Veges

Creation
Simple to make easy to tailor. For thing to do is brown the meat. Sometimes I use pork sausage today just plain old ground pork.

Bland and grey looking... terrible. 

I didn't quite brown it, but when it was almost done I cranked up the heat and added all the veggies. 1 medium onion. 1 Carrot. 1 Celery stalk. 1 Leek. Little bit of Spinach and some Parsley. Yes it it be more vegetable than meat. But it will break down a little bit. When they sizzle add the wine... 1/2 cup or so.. maybe more...

Plus a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes

Now the simmering games begin. 30-45min. Then add the balsamic and sugar. I like it sweet so good 1/2cup packed.. I think. Probably more. Only a couple tablespoons of vinegar. I prefer Balsamic. Stir and then another 30-45min. In the meantime...

That's cut pretty thick... well its a thick sauce

And is about it. a hearty flavorful sauce with pasta that can stand up to it.

This didn't last very long.

Probably one of my favorite meals of all time.. and about that sauce. Can't wait to turn it into a lasagna.... I know right?!

Excuse me while I eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment