Friday, January 20, 2012

Chicken Pappardelle

Chicken Pappardelle with Leeks and Bacon




So I went to a nice Italian Restaurant and had an awesome Chicken Carbonara. So of course I would wake up the next day thinking I could do it better right? Well I did, but it kinda became this instead on a carbonara. It was still very good though. 

Ingredients
-Fresh Pasta
-Shredded Chicken
-Leeks
-Garlic
-Bacon
-White Wine
-Half 'n Half

Creation
First make the ribbon pasta. You can follow my own recipe or do your own. Not a big deal, but when you get to the stage where you let it rest is where all the cooking comes in.

Still one of the best smells ever.


Get the bacon nice and crispy and reserve all the rendered fat. Well you don't have to reserve it all, but I did. cause I didn't want to pour off such delicious stuff.

Bottom half of one leek plus about three? garlic cloves


Chop the veges and get them in the pot to saute quickly. Don't want to burn the garlic. That would be bad. Very bad. Plus there is more to come.

Now add the chicken. I just happened to have shredded chicken from the day before, which I made by boiling a chicken breast till it was done.. I guess. Only about 30min or something. Not sure. It was fully cooked. Then I took to forks and shredded it by pulling with the grain. That way you don't get chunks but shreds. Probably should have took pictures...

Very bright and green. Just wait till the red comes from the bacon


Yep, get all that in there and then add a dash of white wine. Wait for that to boil off and then add cream, salt and pepper to taste. Let that simmer while the pasta is made.

Cutting the pasta


Yep now time to roll out the pasta. Should have only taken about 30min to do everything else. Maybe and if you noticed that it seems that the ration of chicken to pasta is a little off... it is. There is a bunch more chicken if you followed the measurements I gave for the pasta.

Unroll it


 Unroll it and let it rest a tiny bit and then cook for about a min. Toss in the topping and done... and yes I do almost always toss pasta in sauce first.

And there you have it... Mmmm

Simple(ish).. but it taste very fresh and of course is..

No comments:

Post a Comment