Saturday, January 14, 2012

Black Chicken

Black Chicken


Not very black...


I think this was the first dish I made that made me really like cooking. I don't really know why I named it 'Black Chicken,' but the sauce was really dark first time. Made me really understand how awesome sweet and savory is. 

Ingredients
-Skinless Chicken Breast (Thick)
-Roma Tomato (Diced and skinned)
-Potato
-Half a Medium Onion (Diced)
-Balsamic Vinegar
-Brown Sugar
-Chili Powder
-Splash of white wine

Creation
Years ago when I first made this I didn't really know what I was doing. Just a bunch of experimentation. But now I barely know what I doing and I experiment even more!

There is also chicken trimmings in with the veges.


So where to start? Chicken is prepared simply salt, pepper and lightly seared on one side in a pot. Just enough to get the pepper stuck. Then flip it and add the tomato and onion. Chicken will not be done at all. Saute with chicken till tomato juice is all but gone.

Low and slow


Throw on the potato sliced anyway you want. I chose to slice it like fries and saute them with the chili powder and a little olive oil. It will balance the dish.

Syrpy goodness


Deglaze chicken and veges with a splash of wine and add some balsamic and brown sugar. When the mixture becomes syrupy now is time check the chicken. It should be done by now... if it isn't then wait. I know right?




Plate and serve. This is the first dish I added to the menu I keep in my head of course that make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment