Monday, February 20, 2012

Mini Egg rolls

Mini Pork Egg Rolls



Asian-binge still going strong and with a fusion side. This was a super-bowl dish and it disappeared rather quickly.

Ingredients
-Shredded Pork
-Wonton Wrappers
-Sauce

Creation
Sauce? Yes Sauce. I used leftover Ketchup-Grape sauce from the Fusion Potstickers. Alright. Shredded Pork. How to make shredded pork...

Almost like the beginning of a stew

It can be made a couple ways. Smoke it for 8.. 12.. 20hrs.. probably not the first choice. My favorite is boiling. Generates less pronounced flavor than smoking but not everyone has access to a smoker.

After 2..ish hours.

Plus it is so much easier. Boiling for hours will break down the meat to the point where it will fall apart when you attempt to take it out of the pot, potentially splashing hot water all over your arms.... experience.

Really easy.

I use the 2 fork method. Pulling against and with the grain. It doesn't really matter when it just falls apart.

All done!

And yeah, that is way more than I will need for this particular dish. Shredded pork is quite versatile, so best not to put it all in one dish.

Reheating the sauce

Toss the pork in that to let it soak up some flavor cause the pork is just that. Pork. 

Most of this was eaten before filling...

Now to attempt to show how to roll these tiny things. Cause I'm using wonton wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers.

Step one. Filling.

Step two. Fold sides in.

Step three Roll it.

Step Four. Allow it to dry.

Now just fry when ready. Don't even need a dipping sauce cause it is built in. I know right... very handy.

These will go very fast. Very.


And when I mean fast. I had about 40. I saw about 10 go then the plate was empty... but what can you expect from...

No comments:

Post a Comment