Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sesame Chicken

Sesame Chicken


I was/am on an Asian food crave and saw that someone wanted a better sesame chicken recipe. I don't have one. So I scoured the internet for the simplest one I could find... and then manipulate. This is the result I managed to come up with.

Ingredients
-Chicken Tenderloin
-Onion
-Bell Pepper
-Teriyaki Sauce
-Honey
-Brown Sugar

Creation
I think this is pretty simple. Actually a one pan dish... assuming you have rice made already. So. first things first to make coating the chicken easier its best to have browned it with some sort of batter.

Floured chicken tenderloin

Now just brown them. I had the oil really hot to brown the flour fast without over cooking the chicken. The chicken will be removed and then re-added with the sauce. 

About right. Pretty bland right now though.

Remove that from pan and set aside. Next time I'll probably not use as much flour and leave them in the pan. Always trying to make things simpler.

Yes this will end up being to much sauce again... pattern?

All of that goes in the pool. There should only be about 2 tablespoons of oil. The plan was to break down the onions.. but I was just to hungry. So I went ahead and added everything else.

Measurements..... umm?

Yeah its pretty close to 1:1 Teriyaki to Honey. Then brown sugar to sweeten. As you go you should always be tasting your food after every step of the way anyways right?... Right?

Dark bubbly goodness.

Lovely stuff. This is about 10min of reducing and correcting. Time to add the chicken back.

Mmmm..

Make sure to let sauce reduce more. It'll stick better. 

My take on sesame chicken... 

What no sesame seeds?! I didn't have any nor would I have added them.. because I'm not trying to replicate american chinese food... but only making...

No comments:

Post a Comment