Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Swai and Chips

Swai and Chips


Swai, catfish from Vietnam, cheap and healthier than improperly prepared Puffer fish. I have to pick up some whenever it is fresh and it season. I thought it was funny that Swai is $4/lb frozen and $3.69/lb fresh. So there may be more Swai dishes coming. This one served with 'chips' and homemade cole slaw.

Ingredients
-Swai
-Potato
-Rosemary
-Garlic
-Homemade Cole Slaw

Creation
Homemade Cole Slaw? Yep. Very simple. Cabbage sliced and mixed with mayo, apple cider vinegar and sugar.

Potatoes are also thinly sliced and done on the stove top with rosemary and garlic. Not too much salt cause the Swai will have more.

Fun with plating.. before I wanted Cole Slaw

My usual way of preparing fish. Salt, pepper and hot oil. I like to keep things simple no? Especially when I'm making...

No comments:

Post a Comment