Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Faux Risotto

Bacon and Asiago Cheese Faux Risotto



So October pretty much yielded no cooking. November shall be different. Right off the bat we have a 'faux' risotto. Looks like one, but doesn't nearly have the same texture or flavor as it is made with orzo pasta instead of arborio rice, but it was sure tasty.

Ingredients
-Orzo Pasta
-Bacon
-Asiago Cheese
-Onion
-Pepper
-Heavy Cream

Creation
Bacon! I can't believe I'm been doing this since August and I haven't used bacon yet. I mean really. That makes me sad, but then there is this.

Fried bacon and wondered what to do next. So I reserved the bacon fat, boiled the pasta, sauteed the onions and peppers in the fat and then mixed it all together.

That wasn't much until I grabbed the heavy cream and cheese. That turned it into this sophisticated pasta and cheese. Top with bacon... yum... and you have...

No comments:

Post a Comment